INDUSTRIAL DUST COLLECTORS
Industrial dust collection systems play an integral role in both safety and cleanliness of the work environment. Industrial dust collection is important for air pollution control. It is of utmost importance that these systems are properly set up and maintained. Many factors can contribute to problems with industrial dust collection that result in suboptimal performance. K&B Duct provides the expertise needed to properly plan any size industrial dust collection system.
K&B Duct considers the application for which your industrial dust collection system will be designed: Wood shop dust, plastics, metal grindings; strands or stringy material such as paper trim or fibers; wet mist (water or steam) or oil mist; paint fumes or welding smoke; food; chemicals or abrasives. The type of application you have dictates the dust collection system design, implementation, and blast gates that your industrial dust collector requires. Visit K&B Duct's ducting application tips for industrial dust collection, wood shop dust collection, ventilation ducting, and shop dust collection.
For instance, K&B Duct can:
- troubleshoot your industrial dust collector issues;
- help you understand what makes industrial dust collection systems efficient or inefficient;
- help you understand common dust collection system design problems that lead to plugging;
- recommend when to use blast gates instead of butterfly dampers;
- understand the consequences of an undersized and poorly located pickup in your dust collection system design.
- See more Troubleshooting Dust Collection Issues for help solving ducting problems.
Dust Collection System integrity and air flow is often threatened by the use of manual blast gates. K&B Duct's automatic blast gates avoid these issues by supplying you with automatic blast gates that open and close at the optimal time. This allows you complete control of your dust collection process, while increasing dust collecting efficiency of smaller systems. Both large and small industrial dust collection systems can benefit from intermittent use that automatic blast gates provide, lowering both the initial and operating costs.
Send us your layout or requirements and let us design a dust collection system that will optimize your industrial dust collection performance. Contact K&B Duct with questions on industrial dust collection systems.
K&B Duct's industrial grade blast gates can be utilized in a variety of ways:
- Blast gates only - No Controller: Infinite number of individual blast gates can be opened and closed simply by the turning on and off of a machine, a switch or a sensor.
- Controller for Dust Collection System Motor: Multiple numbers of blast gates can open and close as above AND with the use of a dust collection system controller can also cut on and off the dust collector fan.
- VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) Control: Multiple numbers of blast gates are controlled as above with a more sophisticated controller AND a variable frequency drive can control the fan speed, providing the CFM required by the open blast gates thereby lowering operating cost.
Send us your layout or requirements and let us design a dust collection system that will optimize your dust collection performance. For any questions on dust collection systems, contact us.
* Blast gates require 90 PSI. Controllers can be line voltage of low voltage.
Contact Us Today! 1.866.520.3875